Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Music Monday

Since I am new to blogging, I've decided to start a new little thing where I share some of my favorite songs/artists each Monday. Music puts me in a good mood and since Monday's always seem to come too fast, music is something that can get me motivated and get my butt moving at work.

I can usually tell what kind of day it is going to be by what songs are played on the radio on my 15-20 minute drive to work. Today I heard some great music which made the morning drive to work a little more enjoyable. Here are a few of my favorites :)

Amos Lee - I have loved almost every song I have heard from Amos Lee. This song is called "Flower" and is beautiful. If you are interested in hearing more from Amos, listen to "Windows are Rolled Down" and "Arms of a Woman"

Sufjan Stevens - This song, "The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out", is my new obsession of the moment. I have heard Sufjan Stevens before but the hubby just introduced me to this song and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Take a listen and I'm sure it will put you in a light-hearted good mood. More songs to check out for Sufjan: "Chicago" and "The One I Love".

The Beatles - The Beatles are one of my favorite groups ever. No matter what mood I'm in, this song, "Here Comes the Sun", will always put a smile on my face. And it doesn't hurt that the hubs and I walked hand in hand for the first time as husband and wife to this song after the ceremony :). Safe to say, this is my all-time favorite song.

I hope these songs/videos make your Monday a little bit more bearable.

-DW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts