Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day

11-11-11. Today is Veteran's Day. Today is a special day to give thanks to all of the service men and women who give up so much to protect our freedom. This year seems closer to my heart because my brother-in-law, Mitch, is away from his wife and four boys serving our country. After Christmas, he will go to Afghanistan and Heather will be home with the boys. They are a magnificent family and are going through a really tough time right now. Check out Megan's blog post about their amazing family and how you can help out this Veteran's Day and holiday season. Here are some pictures of my favorite servicemen!



My Papp-Papp served in WWII and was a member of the military band. He played and fought for our country. He has some amazing stories and I love to hear about his days in the band and his adventures around the world. Thanks for your service Pap! I love you so much!

This is a recent photo of Mitch during his basic training. His caption for this picture was "just a little dusty in the gunner's seat." Thanks for giving up precious time with your family to help keep our country safe and free!

This is Andy! My future brother-in-law. He is a staff sergeant for the United States Air Force. Thank you for your service Andy!

"I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot." -Gary Hart

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"On this Veteran's Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much that we can live free."  - Dan Lipinski

Thank you to all Veteran's for sacrificing so much for our freedom. We are forever grateful and I thank you each and every day. God Bless you and God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts